Ferguson, Mo. | August 13, 2014
1. A protester throws back a smoke bomb while clashing with police. (Mario Anzuoni/Reuters)
2. Riot police clear a street with smoke bombs. (Mario Anzuoni/Reuters)
3. Police surround and detain two people in a car. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)
4. Police officers work their way north on West Florissant Avenue, clearing the road with the use of tear gas and smoke bombs. (Robert Cohen/AP)
5. A police officer patrols a business district. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)
6. A demonstrator, protesting the shooting death of teenager Michael Brown, stands his ground as police fire tear gas. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)
7. An explosive device deployed by police flies in the air. (Jeff Roberson/AP)
8. A demonstrator holds up a Pan-African flag to protest the killing of Michael Brown. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)
9. A device fired by police goes off in the street. (Jeff Roberson/AP)
10. A demonstrator throws back a tear gas container after tactical officers worked to break up a group of bystanders on Chambers Road and West Florissant in St. Louis. (Robert Cohen/AP)
Being born a woman is an awful tragedy. Yes, my consuming desire to mingle with road crews, sailors and soldiers, bar room regulars—to be a part of a scene, anonymous, listening, recording—all is spoiled by the fact that I am a girl, a female always in danger of assault and battery. My consuming interest in men and their lives is often misconstrued as a desire to seduce them, or as an invitation to intimacy. Yet, God, I want to talk to everybody I can as deeply as I can. I want to be able to sleep in an open field, to travel west, to walk freely at night.
fuck every single time that last line gets quoted without the rest
Finally got a black lipstick!
One day we should get together and do everything we can think of with potatoes.Chloe M